An inlay involves placing a patterned material into a recess cut into a base wood surface. This base is sometimes called the matrix or setting. After installing the inlay, the surface is sanded and finished to make everything smooth and flush.
Inlays are a great project for beginning woodworkers with patience and attention to detail. Setting an inlay offers a savvy way to cover up small woodworking mistakes or blemishes. Best of all, an inlay can make entry-level woodworking look far more advanced than it really is.
- NEJE E40 Laser Module
- Scots pine
- Utile Wood
NEJE E40 Laser Test
- The focus height is 3-5mm from the surface of the engraved/cut object.
- Engraving: It is recommended to turn off the air assist; Cutting: Turn on the air assist. (Air compressor : 0.8mpa-1.5mpa).
- Cutting parameters ：10mm/s, 100% , air assist on.
- Low-density wood boards can reach 7mm or more in one pass, while medium-density materials such as mdf can cut 3-5mm in one pass.
- Note: When cutting for a long time, the cutting ability weakens. Please check the lens if there is dust in the lens. Please use a clean cotton swab to clean the lens.
Video time order list
- 0:00 Unboxing the NEJE 3 Max
- 1:43 Testing the laser engraver
- 2:32 Cutting real wood with a laser
- 3:06 How to clean the E40 lens
- 4:04 Laser cutting Oak
- 4:37 Laser cutting MDF
- 4:54 Laser cutting Plywood
- 5:11 Laser cutting Spruce and Scots Pine
- 5:28 Laser cutting Beech and Utile
- 5:53 Laser cutting the narrowest wood strip
- 6:15 Laser cutting inlays
- 8:45 Final photos
- NEJE 3 Max E40-Make Multilayered Art
- NEJE E40 Laser – White Ceramic Engraving
- NEJE 3 MAX E40 Denim Engraving
- NEJE 3 MAX E40 Christmas card making
- NEJE 3 MAX A40640 Making A Trailer
- NEJE 3
- NEJE 3 Max
- NEJE 3 Plus
- NEJE 3 Pro
- NEJE A30130
- NEJE A40630
- NEJE A40640
- NEJE B30635
- NEJE E30130
- NEJE E40
- NEJE E80
- NEJE F30130
- NEJE N30610
- NEJE N30820
- NEJE N40630